Glenn Beck recounts ‘hateful’ heckler experience

Wednesday 29 June 2011


pupbeck.jpg (393×268)
Conservative talk show host Glenn Beck Tuesday said his family was verbally harrassed and someone kicked a glass of wine at his wife’s back while attending an outdoor movie in a New York City park.
Beck, speaking on his radio show, described how one heckler shouted “We hate conservatives here!” while Beck, his wife Tanya and a daughter were at Bryant Park Monday night to see a screening of Alfred Hitchcock’s “39 Steps.” He described the crowd as “some of the most hateful I have ever seen.”
“As we got up to leave the movie the crowd broke into applause that we were finally leaving. I was a little surprised nobody in the crowd said ‘Knock it off. I don’t agree with the guy but just be cool.’
“I swear to you I think, if I had suggested, and I almost did, ‘Wow, does anybody have a rope? Because there’s a tree here. You could just lynch me.’ And I think there would have been a couple in the crowd that would have,” Beck said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment