Simon Pegg: M:I4 is 'evolution'

Wednesday 29 June 2011

MI4-5.jpg (500×287)
Simon Pegg has said Mission: Impossible 4 will be an "evolution".
The British actor will be reprising his role as technician Benji Dunn in the JJ Abrams-produced eagerly anticipated follow-up, Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, which will see Jeremy Renner join Tom Cruise in the leading man's shoes.
Asked if the film passes the baton from Tom to the Hurt Locker star, Simon told Collider: "I don't want to give anything away. It's another Mission: Impossible but it's an evolution, I think.
"It certainly sets up a new IMF agent who can return and who is an Ethan-level player. We'll see. I honestly don't know.
"It's one of those things that there's a lot of life in that story because it is a kind of Bond thing that you can just have iterations of different adventures and different teams and stuff. I can't say really. It's anyone's guess really."
Simon wasn't too surprised he gets to return as Benji.
"I get on really well with JJ and we'd always said if there was another Mission: Impossible, can Benji come back?" he revealed.
"It'd be fun for Benji to come back. I had two days on Mission: Impossible III. That was it. I did seven months on the fourth one, so yeah, I go back."

0 comments:

Post a Comment