ON-SCREEN DAD MAD AT SHIA LABEOUF

Wednesday 29 June 2011


070610_transformers.jpg (544×540)                                 Shia LaBeouf and Harrison Ford may have only played a father/son pair on-screen, but their real life relationship has a distinct tone of disapproving dad to it. Seems the young actor's behavior and criticism of his role in their film Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull have rubbed the veteran the wrong way.
Shia LaBeouf, seen here with Harrison Ford at the film's 2008 premiere, was the recipient of a strange mix of flattering and harsh words from his co-star, stemming from the 25-year-old's outspoken honesty about the film's faults.
"I feel like I dropped the ball on the legacy that people loved and cherished," Shia LaBeouf said. "You get to monkey-swinging and things like that and you can blame it on the writer and you can blame it on Steven Spielberg, who directed. But the actor's job is to make it come alive and make it work, and I couldn't do it. So that's my fault. Simple."
He continued, "[Harrison and I] had major discussions. He wasn't happy with it either. Look, the movie could have been updated. There was a reason it wasn't universally accepted."
In reaction to Shia LaBeouf's words, Harrison Ford told Details magazine, "I think I told him he was a [expletive] idiot. As an actor, I think it's my obligation to support the film without making a complete ass of myself."
Softening his tone just a tad, the 68-year-old added, "Shia is ambitious, attentive and talented -- and he's learning how to deal with a situation which is very unique and difficult."
The debut of Transformers: Dark of the Moon means it's time to see if Shia LaBeouf has learned his lesson!

0 comments:

Post a Comment